St. Albert Community Band provides its members the opportunity to play and perform a variety of music for the enjoyment of players and audiences while increasing the proficiency level of the band and its individual members. Several public performances occur throughout the year. Two major concerts are held at Christmas and in the spring. Other performances take place at local schools, the farmers market, and music festivals.
The band is a non-profit organization with a volunteer executive board. An annual general meeting and elections are held each fall. Like any community organization, the band thrives when members are committed to regular rehearsals and take an active part by helping out in various ways.
Rehearsals are held September through June at Paul Kane High School on Cunningham Road on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 until 9:00 for the concert band, and Thursday evenings from 7:30 until 9:30 for the jazz band.
Concert dress is usually black from top to bottom. The blue band shirts are $40.00
Annual membership fees are due each September. 2015-2016 season fees are $160 for one band or $200 for both bands. The family rate is $280.
- Arrive at the band room in time for the downbeat.
- Take care of the music issued to you and ensure that it is handed in at designated times.
- Help with set up and take down at rehearsals and performances.
- Attend rehearsals as regularly as possible.
- Let someone in your section know, or contact the conductor, if you will be missing a rehearsal:
- Make arrangements for your music to be at the rehearsal if you won't be there but other players need the parts.
PaymentsYou can submit any payment to the band online with PayPal from this link:
or bring a cheque to rehearsal to "St. Albert Community Band" (not "SACB").
Member Expectation Policy
Concert Band Expectation Policy
Big Band Expectation Policy